Gajar ka halwa aka Carrot halwa is a carrot-based sweet dessert pudding from the Indian subcontinent. It is often served with a garnish of almonds and pistachios.
It is served hot during the winter.
Homemade Gajar Ka Halwa
Carrot-based sweet dessert from the Indian subcontinent
Servings: 4 people
- 6 Carrots (Medium Size)
- 1 Cup Fresh Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Copped Pistachios
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee (Butter)
- Grate the carrots either with a hand-held grater or in a food processor.
- In a pan, add grated carrots and milk and cook on a medium flame.
- Keep stirring this mixture often to make sure that the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the mixture is thick, evenly cooked, add ghee, sugar, cardamom and condensed milk.
- Add pistachios and raisins and cook until the mixture is thick.